10 AM Every Sunday
Nursery Care Provided
An Open and Affirming Congregation
We pledge to take actions to increase our understanding, celebration, and stewardship of God’s good earth in home, congregation, community, state, and in the world.
The Earthcare Team began in response to a 2003 initiative of Maine Interfaith Power and Light an the Maine Council of Churches’ Environmental Justice Program. Our group was formally endorsed by the Outreach Committee in June 2004. First Parish Church’s Earthcare Team joins some 30 other local church teams across Maine.
Recognizing that we are called by our faith to care for the earth, the team began its work with the following goal. To learn more and do more about
- reducing waste
- using energy more efficiently
- reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Past and current education and action programs include:
- Home energy savings tips and strategies
- Composting, gardening, and supporting local foods and agriculture
- Environmental Justice Training
- FPC Campus energy audits, efficiency, and green power purchasing
Continuing Concerns and Conversations
- Environmental Justice
- Divestment of Fossil Fuels and/or investment in renewable energy resources
- Calling attention to legislation that impacts our local, national, and global environment
Web Hosting Provided by Maine Hosting Solutions