DSC_3325 DSC_9583

ABOUT THE INSTRUMENT
First Parish Church, UCC Brunswick

Organ
The pipe organ at First Parish Church UCC Brunswick was built by Hutchings, Plaisted & Co. of Boston in 1883. The instrument was their opus 112, designed with tracker action, two manuals, pedals and 23 ranks.

Through the years, some changes were made to the instrument including electrifying the action in 1969 by Ray Douglas of South Harpswell, Maine, and the re-trackerization of the organ in the 1980’s by David Wallace of Gorham, Maine.

In 2003 the Andover Organ Company of Methuen, Massachusetts was engaged to thoroughly restore the organ. Although two ranks of pipes were added and minor tonal changes were made at the time, the original voicing style of the Hutchings, Plaisted Company has been retained.

Great
Open Diapason 8’
Melodia 8’
Dulciana 8’
Octave 4’
Flute d’amour 4’
Twelfth 2 2/3’
Fifteenth 2’
Mixture III
Trumpet 8’

Swell
Bourdon 16’
Violin Diapason 8’
Stopped Diapason 8’
Viola 8’
Principal [1] 4’
Flute Harmonique 4’
Flautina [2] 2’
Cornet [3] II
Cornopean 8’
Oboe 8’
Tremolo

Pedal
Double Open Diapason 16’
Bourdon 16’
Violoncello [4] 8’

Couplers
Swell to Great
Great to Pedal
Swell to PedalBellows Signal (on/off switch)
Mechanical Key and Stop Action
Manual Compass – 61 Notes
Pedal Compass – 30 Notes
Great/Pedal reversible


  1. originally 4’ Violina  ↩
  2. originally 2’ small-scaled string, now 2’ principal  ↩
  3. new; 2 2/3’ and 1 3/5’ pitches  ↩
  4. originally 8’ Violoncello, now 8’ Violin Diapason  ↩

 

 

© First Parish Church | 9 Cleaveland Street, Brunswick, Maine 04011 | 207.729.7331

Web Hosting Provided by Maine Hosting Solutions