10 AM Every Sunday
Nursery Care Provided
An Open and Affirming Congregation
Welcome to Confirmands of 2016!
April 14, 2016
On April 10th, 14 young people confirmed the promises of their baptisms and became full members of First Parish Church. The Confirmation worship and celebration comes as the culmination of a year long process of learning, exploration, and discernment with pastors, parents, adult mentors, and each other. Though not all young people in the program make the decision to be confirmed, we celebrate the growing faithful curiosity and identity in each and all. Throughout the program, Confirmands:
- joined in creative engagement and conversation with the sacred stories of our faith
- participated in community service inside the church, and in the wider world
- learned through visiting and participating in worship with other faith and worship traditions
- built faithful relationships with their mentors through service, worship, and conversation together
- walked the labyrinth and developed other spiritual practices
- created sacred space for others by designing and decorating the Sanctuary for Advent
- celebrated the Easter Vigil together with parents and mentors.
- discerned the call to confirm their faith and commitment to the church
Welcome, congratulations, and blessings to these young members of our church… and to their families!
Categories: Children and Families,First Parish Recent News
Web Hosting Provided by Maine Hosting Solutions