Archive for archive

From the Archives… “The Clock in the Closet”

Can you imagine 1000-1200 people gathered in our church?  From the 1846 reports, on the 18th of March, it was estimated that these were the numbers of church and parish members gathered to dedicate our third Meeting House (sanctuary).  Our present church sits on the same site as…

From the Archives… “More on the Prayer Shawl Ministry”

Continuing our focus on the history of our prayer shawl ministry, little did Jackie Wild imagine what she started when she brought this significant ministry to First Parish Church in 2004. As she and Jane Primmer inspired other knitters to join them in creating prayer shawls for our…

From the Archives… “The Labyrinth in the Woods”

After last month’s focus on the history of our indoor labyrinth, we will now turn our attention to the history of our outdoor labyrinth. Our archive display on both can be seen in the sanctuary through December.  Although our church and community have enjoyed our  Church’s indoor labyrinth…